Tutor Support Group
Literacy Suffolk volunteers are encouraged to attend at least two meetings annually.
What is a tutor support group?
- An opportunity to meet and socialize with fellow tutors, to receive help and support from one another.
- A friendly environment in which to share tutoring challenges and successes, to exchange ideas and lesson plans.
- The place to review strategies and learn additional instructional techniques, and to attend topic-specific workshops.
Why is it important for me to attend?
- To know you are an integral part of a large volunteer organization.
- To improve your understanding of adult literacy needs and issues.
- To upgrade your tutoring abilities.
- To gain fresh insights and new ideas for lessons.
- To share information with those who are in this commitment with you.
When and where are the meetings held?
- At various locations (usually libraries) throughout Suffolk County.
- View our Calendar to find tutor support meetings in your area.
For more information, contact your Regional Office.