Thank you for considering a gift to Literacy Suffolk, Inc.!
In addition to needing trained volunteers to work with the large population of adult learners who need basic skills improvement, Literacy Suffolk also depends on financial support to continue to serve the community.
You can feel confident that your gift today will be put to valuable and immediate use.
For over 30 years Literacy Suffolk has provided adult literacy services to thousands of Suffolk County residents. Your donation today helps us to train additional volunteers, support our volunteer base, and lower the current student waiting list of approximately 500.
Read stories written by students about their positive experiences with Literacy Suffolk in Reading for Life, an annual publication of student writing.
Biannual Fundraising Appeal
As one way to raise funds to support program services,
Literacy Suffolk conducts a biannual appeal through the
mail and online. The spring campaign usually takes place
in May, and the year-end campaign occurs in November.
Gifts of Time:
Become a Volunteer! (Click for information about becoming a literacy volunteer.)
Ways You Can Donate:
Credit Card Gifts - Use PayPal to make a secure online credit card donation to Literacy Suffolk.
(Or you may phone the administrative office with your credit card information if you prefer - 631.286.1649.)
To make a gift to Literacy Suffolk by check or money order, mail your gift to:
Literacy Suffolk, Inc.
627 North Sunrise Service Road
PO Box 9000
Bellport, NY 11713-9000
If you have any questions or would like more information on ways to donate to Literacy Suffolk, please contact us by e-mail or by phone at 631.286.1649.
- Planned giving enables a donor to give gifts of assets during your lifetime, through a will or by other means. Gifts can be given now or later. Planned gifts provide tax and other possible benefits to the giver. Planned gifts can include gifts of life insurance, gifts of stock, bequests, or a custom giving plan. To learn more about the various ways to make a planned gift, contact Executive Director Gini Booth by phone (631.286.1649) or by e-mail.
- You may opt to remember adult literacy in your will. If you wish to leave Literacy Suffolk, Inc. a fixed amount or percentage, you may use the following language: “I give and bequeath (the sum of $ or percentage %) to Literacy Suffolk, Inc., a not-for-profit organization chartered in New York and located at 627 North Sunrise Service Road, Bellport, NY 11713-9000.” We strongly advise you to consult your attorney before writing or amending your will.
- Many companies offer employees a matching gift benefit that doubles (or more) your gift to Literacy Suffolk, Inc. Contact your company’s human resources department or Web site to find out if your employer has a matching gifts program.
- You can make a gift to adult literacy in memory or honor of someone. If you would like to make a gift of this nature, please contact the Literacy Suffolk office at 631.286.1649.
- Literacy Suffolk, Inc. holds several fund-raising events annually. Please consult our Calendar to find events that you may support by your attendance or through sponsorship activities.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Literacy Suffolk, Inc. does not sell or share your personal information. Any personal information you provide remains strictly confidential.
The information we do receive from you corresponds with the services you request, such as providing personal and credit card information to register for a workshop, purchase tickets to an event, or support the organization with a charitable donation.
Credit card information is collected over a Secure Site and is encrypted for your protection.
Form 990: Click to view Literacy Suffolk’s most recent 990
Better Business Bureau
“Literacy Suffolk, Inc. meets Better Business Bureau Foundation’s 20 Standards for Charitable Accountability.”